Monday, January 11, 2010


I'd tell Lincoln in 1856 going out to plays alone was unwise. In 1963 I'd make JFKs day. I'd say, "Before you go to Dallus, wear this helmet, okay?" In 2001 I'd make the world alright, I'd go back to 9-11 and cancel all the flights.
In my time machine you couldn't get me.



I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry. If i could change it, if I could take it back, I would. Although I normally say that I have no regrets, that even bad things are important because they help in the end, that everything that happens is all part of the growing process. But this is something I regret. This was a bad thing that hasn't helped. This hasn't been part of the growing process. Your growing process. It's damaged you. What I did damaged you. I hate myself for it. I loathe myself.
I don't know any way that I can fix this, any way that I can make this right. I'm just going to follow your lead; not talking. And while it's hurting me, this isn't about me. This is your pain and I'm going to do anything I can to lessen it.
If I had a time machine, ah only if I had a time machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment